State Funding / Technical Resources
TWDB's Agricultural Water Conservation Program was expanded as a result of Senate Bill 1053 passed by the 78th Texas Legislature. Under the new consolidated program, TWDB can
- provide agricultural water conservation loans to political subdivisions and state agencies for their use either for improvements on their facilities or as loans to individuals.
- provide a linked deposit loan program for individuals to access TWDB funds through participating local state depository banks and farm credit institutions.
How Do I Apply?
Applications may be submitted at any time, are processed in the order received, and are subject to availability of funds. All submitted applications must be consistent with application guidelines as outlined on the Financial Assistance Program Guidance page.
What Are the Conditions of Financial Assistance?
Security Instrument: Bonds or loan agreements as appropriate per the applicant's requirements for debt issuance.
- Pledge: System revenue, contract revenue, ad valorem tax, and tax ans revenue pledges are typically required.
- Length of Loans: Up to 10 years.
- Interest Rates: The interest rate to the political subdivision shall be equal to the asking yield for a U.S. Treasury Note with a 12-month maturity on the date rates are set.
Where Can I Get More Information?
For additional information please contact
- Project Oversight, (512) 463-7853 or
- Conservation Staff, (512) 463-7955.
|Agricultural Water Conservation Loan Program|
Texas Water Development Board
1700 North Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator