USDA Programs - Other
Provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements.
Who may apply?
- Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operations, and
- Small businesses in eligible rural areas.
NOTE: Agricultural producers and small businesses must have no outstanding delinquent federal taxes, debt, judgment or debarment.
What is an eligible area?
- Businesses must be in an area other than a city or town with a population of greater than 50,000 inhabitants and the urbanized area of that city or town.
- Agricultural producers may be in rural or non-rural areas.
How may the funds be used?
Funds may be used for renewable energy systems, such as:
- Biomass (for example: biodiesel and ethanol, anaerobic digesters, and solid fuels)
- Geothermal for electric generation or direct use
- Hydropower below 30 megawatts
- Small and large wind generation
- Small and large solar generation
- Ocean (tidal, current, thermal) generation
Applications for this program are accepted year round at your local office
|The Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)|
USDA Rural Development
Renewable Energy Systems & Energy Efficiency Improvement Guaranteed Loans & Grants
1400 Independence Avenue SW
Room 205-W Mail Stop 0107
Washington, DC 20250-0107
Toll Free: 800-670-6553
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator