State Funding / Technical Resources
The sole purpose of the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP) is to enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops. TDA encourages organizations to develop projects to solely enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops pertaining to the following issues affecting the industry:
- Food Safety
- Plant Health
- Value Added/Industry Development
Specialty crops are defined as fruits and vegetables, dried fruit, tree nuts, horticulture, nursery crops (including floriculture). See lists of eligible and ineligible crops from the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) website.
Proposals for grant funds should describe how the project potentially impacts and produces measurable outcomes for the specialty crop industry and/or the public rather than a single organization, institution, or individual.
- Responses will only be accepted from producer, industry or community-based organizations involved with, or that promote specialty crops.
- Projects must demonstrate that they enhance the competitiveness of Texas’ specialty crop industry.
- Project funds may only be used for activities benefiting specialty crops.
- Grant funds will not be awarded for projects that directly benefit or provide a profit to a single organization, institution or individual.
- Applications will not be accepted where the primary applicant is an educational institution.
- Producer, industry or community-based organizations involved with specialty crops may partner with an educational institution; however, the primary applicant must be a producer, industry or community-based organizations involved with specialty crops.
|Specialty Crop Block Grant Program|
1700 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512) 463-6908
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator